Keith Larman passing

Keith and I were very close friends for over 20 years.   It's difficult to appropriately put into words at the moment the kind of person he was.  He was highly intelligent on so many subjects, fiercly dedicated to family, talented in music and art, and a superlative friend.  

Just to say that I will miss him seems like such a gross understatement...  but it's all I've got right now.  

• Like 19
  • Love 1

I moved this into the open area as I don't think it should be buried in the members-only section.
I am sad to hear this. Whilst I didn't know Keith, I followed his work and knew he worked closely with Ted. Seemed to have been a truly nice guy and I extend my condolences to his friends and family.
RIP sir and really sorry Ted.

Brian

• Like 12

Holy damn! I had so many online conversations with the man since 2003. He took so much time out to reply to my sword related queries as best he could. Smart man . With a beautiful family. Im sorry Ted, and my heart goes out to his wife and daughter

• Like 1

He was too young...

I had a Howard Clark katana made for myself years ago that Keith polished for me. He was skilled and did a lot of great work on the "Japanese Style Sword" realm, though also polished modern nihonto from time to time. He was a good man to work with...

Wish his family all the best... ????

• 2 weeks later...

RIP among our late friends, Afu, Thierry, Veli and so many others...

I came across this thread very late.

It has been many years since we shared tables next to each other at the Tampa Show, with him showing me pictures of his family.

I liked him and am sincerely saddened to know he has passed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Very sad to hear this. I ordered 3 sword mounts and polish for Howard Clark L6 blades in 2008. Flew over and met him once. He posted the result on youtube:

Great respect for his craftmanship. After all these Years i still remember meeting him at his house, just wanted to check if he's still working.

RIP

Many of us are getting older and its amazing where the time goes. We start together, raising kids and working all at the same time then retire - and at the age when peers seem to be passing on every day. He was a young man and his intelligence and willingness to share his knowledge with one and all will be missed. RIP

• Sad 4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..