Mantetsu In Pristine Koshirae

Hate to invite others to bid against me, but there's a Mantetsu in near pristine koshirae for sale on Proxibid (Morphy Auctions, actually) coming up on Dec 9th. There is a 26% action fee, so keep that in mind for your max bid price.

I don't expect to get it, because I'm trying to buy it for resale and won't bid up to market value. SO, if there is someone looking to buy a really nice Mantetsu for their collection, I'd have a go at this one. Blade tip has a bit of rust, but nice overall.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?lid=51111158&campaign=SavedSearch_Email_Button&utm_campaign=SavedSearch_Email_Button

post-3487-0-02458500-1575119395_thumb.jpgpost-3487-0-59396000-1575119427_thumb.jpgpost-3487-0-85547700-1575119486_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nice piece! Agreed with the fees. However, I will say that auctions remind me of towing companies. They can charge what they want. Although they are in thr wrong quite a few times when it comes to towing, auctions are really ran by the bidder...disregarding grey blankets lol. Some nice pieces can go tona home because of disinterested bidders due to fees, poor pics, but it is risky.

I was in the field and forgot to leave a bid for a nice koto wakizashi (looked Bizen) in pristine Eso period mounts for 425...no one bidded. Got a nice Yamato wak for 950 after taxes. But quite a few times, one can get burned or get caught in a bidding war.

Still a nice one and with Mantetsus getting more attention than ever, may be good bidding...if it's right.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..