HELP! Has anyone heard of this showa Smith? Toushin Nariyuki saku pics of mei

Hi Steven,

I know what it' is like to have an "unknown" smith. I your case there is little known beyond.his name and location., but I did find this...

Looking at the 'Nihon Gendaito Shoshin' Chap. IV p.10 and Addenda p.7 he was KOBAYASHI (Shigenori) NARIYUKI of Tokushima. He studied under Morita Masamichi of Kyoto. This Masamichi was a student along with Sumitani Masamine, both students  of Sakurai Masayuki of the Sakurai school.

Not much, but it might give you some leads...

Regards,

Looking at the 'Nihon Gendaito Shoshin' Chap. IV p.10 and Addenda p.7 he was KOBAYASHI (Shigenori) NARIYUKI of Tokushima.

Are you referring to the series of articles written by Uchiyama Hiroshi 内山汎, entitled Nihon gendaitō shōshi 日本現代刀小史, that appeared in the journal Tōken Bijutsu 刀剣美術?

https://www.toukenkomachi.com/index_ja_books_toukenbijyutsu.html

Edited by Thomas

Are you referring to the series of articles written by Uchiyama Hiroshi 内山汎, entitled Nihon gendaitō shōshi 日本現代刀小史, that appeared in the journal Tōken Bijutsu 刀剣美術?

https://www.toukenkomachi.com/index_ja_books_toukenbijyutsu.html

Hi Thomas,

Yes that is the series...I notice I said Shoshin rather than Shoshi (short/small history)...just more proof I am getting more ga-ga as I get older.

The series of articles ran in TOKEN BIJUTSU ssues

#146 Mar. 1969

#147 Apr 1969

#148 May 1969

#149 Jun 1969

#151 Aug 1969

#152 Sep 1969

#153 Oct 1969

Sequel/Addenda

#166 Nov 1970

#167 Dec 1970

#498 Jul 1988

#503 Dec 1998

You are welcome Stephen, sorry I couldn't find any more info.

Regards,

Yes that is the series...I notice I said Shoshin rather than Shoshi (short/small history)...just more proof I am getting more ga-ga as I get older.

The series of articles ran in TOKEN BIJUTSU issues.

Thank you for the prompt reply.  I just wanted to make sure that you were not referring to a book I was unaware of.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..