Fantastic Japanese Sword Dealers....and where to find them

If you come to Tokyo and you are looking for Japanese sword dealers you can ask Professor Dr. Google. In my case I wanted to be prepared.

So, I made a map with all the important locations in Ginza. All the other dealers like Japanese Swords-Inami, Aoi and so on are not in the map.

If you want a better version from the map, please send me a PM.

Be careful: Tsutaya books is in the Ginza 6 Shopping Mall, sixth floor; Seiyoudo you can find at Gin5za second floor and Sokendo is in the basement

of the Imperial Hotel.

Uwe G.

post-699-0-51094000-1573382350_thumb.jpg

post-699-0-10287900-1573382376_thumb.jpg

post-699-0-32752000-1573382393_thumb.jpg

post-699-0-65052300-1573382412_thumb.jpg

post-699-0-09628900-1573382427_thumb.jpg

post-699-0-35934700-1573382446_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Uwe,

I enjoyed your images and were I to find myself once again in the Eastern Capitol I would love to visit these stores.Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, these are exactly NOT the kinds of outlets where I think I might pursue my interests. I view swords as antiquities, as things that were made and used and that happen to have survived so that they now need attention, research, and assessment.Shop in toney downtown Tokyo can certainly provide nice clean stuff. They can suggest things that I might need, And they can provide anything I might call for. But I don't think I deserve the level of support they provide. I certainly can't afford the excellence they purvey. They are about modern Japan and I'm an antiquarian.

Again, THANK YOU for sharing these images. They helped me understand my interest and attachment to Japanese swords.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Try Kamakura.

There's a friendly store and Kaji -Ya near the station.

It's real gritty, and not a starched shirt or silk tie to be seen. (I think the Oyabun from Iowa knows it)

Walk out of the Enoden side of the station.

Turn right and there's a long street on your right towards the barrier operated railway crossing.

The Store and Kaji -Ya is on the left.

If you cross the tracks and spy signs for Dr Beaver (I kid you not) and Lava Hot Yoga, you have gone too far, just keep turning left and you will see a Kinokuniya on the opposite side of the road, turning left, kinda sudden brings you past Bonel Cafe and back to the station.

I'll post some snaps later (Same boat as Uwe regarding images). :)

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..