AVOID BUYEE.COM!

I'm afraid there's no nice way to say this - Buyee.com is a rip-off.

The beginning of last month, I won a nice Heianjo tsuba on Yahoo.com via Buyee, & my PayPal account was debited within 30 seconds. Okay, fine, but then...nothing. No transaction receipt, no shipping info, & obviously no tsuba. So, I used their Assistant to ask numerous questions, none of which were ever responded to, nor were my many e-mails. So, after a couple of weeks, I put in a formal complaint with PayPal.

Now, when PayPal doesn't get a response, you can pretty well figure that something is really wrong! After a few more weeks, I got this message from PayPal this evening:

Hello Ken Goldstein,

We reviewed the information regarding your case against Buyee.com and have decided in your favor.

We credited the full disputed transaction amount of $243.95 USD to your PayPal balance or payment method you used to complete this transaction. The credit should appear in your PayPal balance within 5 business days. If you paid with a debit or credit card, the money will be refunded to your card. It can take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement, depending on your card issuer's timeframes.

This case is now closed. We are truly sorry that you experienced a problem with this transaction, but hope you are happy with the outcome of this case.

Now, I know that there are some NMBers who are using Buyee.com with few or no problems, & I ran this by Brian before I posted it, because I think I'm probably not the only one getting ripped off. Caveat emptor!!

Ken

• Like 3

I signed up a long time ago I forgot my password so I tried and tried and I never heard from them finally got an email to them and they said that my name was in all caps in my email that was my bad. Ts crossed Is dotted thing's worked better. Be sure to take advantage of all their services if you feel you might have to file a claim on damaged items their a sticker for not paying

I have bought quite a few very nice things on buyee and only once had a problem when the price went over 200K yen, which needs an export permit.  Ken, I assume that the problem in your case was with the original seller.  Buyee is just a buying service and don't make a huge margin, so their customer service is a little light.  PS, I hope we can get together in Hawaii later this month!

Wish I could agree that the seller was the problem, but Buyee provided zero communication, including the initial transaction receipt, although they were by far the quickest to debit PayPal. That, plus no response to multiple e-mails & their own forms, tells me they were planning to rip me off.

Please e-mail me with your schedule, & we'll definitely plan to get together. Looking forward to it!

Agree, there is zero chance this is deliberate fraud Ken.
Incompetent, maybe. Someone screwed up somewhere. But they are a large enough service that you know they are not trying to steal from you.
They are just poor at customer relations and communication. Fair warning though. This should not happen. Get it worked out and make them explain. But let's not accuse them of theft when that isn't likely.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..