Swords of Japan - YouTube channel

Love it! Some more knowledge out there will be good for all lovers of nihonto. I always thought it'd be nice to document my collection of blades with videos since I am nearing about 70 blades or so; but I lack the equipment and any skill to do so.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback and longer form videos are definitely the plan moving forward. I have some ideas for additional content, but any suggestions or requests for future videos please let me know. I have one request for Naoe Shizu which will happen soon.

• Like 1

Yep, there should be a sticky for those vids!

No commentaries or anything, just the vids with an index link. Or even though they’re not articles proper, they should be archived there too.

• Like 1

Ray, great project!
Once there are a few there with the basics (Gokkaden etc etc) we'll add a post in GD with the videos in the post and make it a sticky. It can then be the standard "check out this post" for any newcommers that ask relevant questions.
Would be great to have a video showing hataraki and maybe hamon/hada? But it all looks good and I think a great effort. Great voice for this Ray, you missed your vocation :)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Ray, I think this is excellent. I am also reassured that your recommendations are very much in line to the policies we have been advocating within the Token Society of GB over the years (means perhaps we have been doing it right :) ).

Certainly I share your view that doing kantei is probably the best learning tool available to us and that is why we try and introduce the opportunity to participate at our various meetings.

Keep up the good work I think this is great

Best Regards

Paul

• Like 3

Hi Ray, I tried PM for this but it couldn't go through.
Congrats on your videos; they are excellent.  I did find one error, however.  6 minutes in on the beginners' video you identify a publication as Token Bijutsu and it is not that (I think it is the NTHK's magazine).  The picture shows a page that is half in English and Token Bijutsu is all Japanese; it might mislead a beginner to spend $250 for something he'll find out the hard way he can't read.
Thank you for the plug for my site; much appreciated.  See you in Atlanta I hope.  Grey

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..