NBTHK certificate for Tatsutoshi tsuba

PietroParis

Hi All,

A tsuba I recently bought on ebay has arrived, I will post it in the Tosogu section when I manage to get decent pictures (it's harder than I expected, and the bad weather does not help). I wonder if in the meantime I could tap the well of this forum's infinite knowledge by asking for translation of a couple of lines in the tsuba's NBTHK certificate (seller's photo):

post-4945-0-60139400-1571834250_thumb.jpg

Thanks to this precious page, I understand that the relevant lines are the second and third from the right, the others being standard stuff which is similar in all certificates. Based on the seller info, I presume that the second line means that the item is a tsuba signed "Efu-ju Tatsutoshi" (i.e., Tasutoshi from Edo). I can recognize that the last five characters correspond to the signature on the seppa-dai. But what does the third line say?

Many thanks in advance for any help,

Pietro

P.S. I suspect that the interpretation of the "punched dot date" given in the page that I linked is incorrect: the first two digits must be the year in the Japanese calendar, the next four the year in the Western calendar, and the last two the month. True?

Here below the relevant transcription:

熨斗透鐔  -  noshi sukashi tsuba

江府住 辰寿  -  mei Kōfu (or Efu) jū  Tatsutoshi

竪丸形  鉄地  肉彫地透  角耳小肉 - tatemaru-gata  tetsu-ji  nikubori ji-sukashi  kaku-mimi ko-niku

• Like 2

P.S. I suspect that the interpretation of the "punched dot date" given in the page that I linked is incorrect: the first two digits must be the year in the Japanese calendar, the next four the year in the Western calendar, and the last two the month. True?

Your understanding is correct.

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..