Papered Higo Tsuba - unbelivable

I haven't followed eBay in ages, but stumbled across that auction and was following it.

The seller does have a pretty harsh reputation, even among his friends. I toyed with bidding, but considered the reputation and other factors- and did not bid.

Still $308 was a cheap buy for a Kamiyoshi tsuba.

The papers are from 2014 when the NBTHK fittings team had that Higo lobotomy and was reduced to calling everything "Higo". It would paper slightly better now.

• Like 1

Sorry Brian, had this thread mixed up with another one.

Skybirthday has a similar one with 'Higo' papers up at the moment.

J- just got his wires crossed.

The two tsuba are not the same, but my opinion is that Skybirthday does get some shilling in to goose it along. He has some good stuff, but I have recognized more than a few of his pieces as having recently been with various online and not online dealers, so I don't know whats his story. I have had email contact with him, over a tsuba he sold me 'with papers', but he shipped the tsuba and later told me the owner of the tsuba [not him] had lost the papers.

Just for comparison, let us see how this Yahoo! tsuba does vs the bargain someone got off ebay.

Off to the races. This one probably goes higher.                :beer: :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  [5 beers, because it is October]

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..