Hermann Historica

I was also thinking that there isn't a lot there that I would kick out of bed.
I'd be happy with most of it.
Mind you...looking through that entire auction catalog of all the arms available, I constantly feel like I should just chuck in the towel on arms collecting. Every item is way better than anything I have owned. Sigh.

• Like 1

Brian

It is a fact for all collecting that there is always something out of reach. I have lusted after so many pieces that I could never hope to include in a collection that I have lost count. At the DTI a few years ago I came away with exactly the same frustration you describe and thought it was time to move on to something else.

Thankfully I didn't. If I had I would have missed out on hours of pleasure looking at what I have in detail.

A gardening friend of mine once said to me

"just because you see some prize blooms at a show that are better than yours you don't go home and dig up what you have grown. You stop and enjoy them for what they are."

Same is true for swords or anything else they may not be an ultimate masterpiece but they can still be damn good!

• Like 4

I can definitely find several that I would like to bid on, and in general, it is a nice collection.  Please send us the link when the better online catalog comes out.  I would like to see them up close.   Is it easy to bid and ship from Germany if one lives in the US?   

I’ve been saving up a half a year to fight for that crane tsuba Uwe ????. Hope it will be enough lol.

Already bought this book. Can’t wait to see some higher res photos once it arrives.

Btw, is this auction online or do I have to be there physically?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..