Please help me to identify this mei

Gang Wang

Hello,

This is a very interesting inscription. As usual, it begs for the rest of the sword to be shown, but unlike many garden variety WW2 swords, this one seems as if it may have some historical significance.

滿洲帝国協和会々長張景恵閣下恵存

大日本興亜同盟總裁陸軍大将林銑十郎

まんしゅうていこくきょうわかいかいちょうはりけいけいかっかけいぞん

だいにっぽんきょうあどうめいそうさいりくぐんたいしょうはやしせんじゅうりょうおくる

Presented to Concordia Association Chairman, His Excellency Zhang Jinghui

From the Chairman of the Great Japan East Asia Alliance, General Hayashi Senjurō 

昭和十七年八月吉日

用本渓湖高純鐡靖廣勤作

しょうわじゅうしちねんきちじつ

ようほんけいここうじゅんてつやすひろきんさく

Showa 17, August

Made by Yasuhiro from pure iron from Lake Benxi

Zhang Jinghui (in Japanese pronunciation: Chou Keikei)

Lake Benxi (in Japanese: Honkei-ko)

• Like 14

Thanks a lot for the information.

The blade is broken in half and I only have the rest left.

I can read the inscription and I know both of the two names are famous during WWII in China but I can not find any kind of documents that could support this sword.

So I turned to this forum for help to find out if it is authentic or just a fake one.

Thanks again

Depending on how much of the sword is left above the nakago, there may be a possibility for a satsu-age repair. Another possibility is o-suriage with one or both sides transferred as long gakumei. Lastly, o-suriage wakizashi with the relevant information transferred to the sword in a new inscription (and the sword would be kept with the original nakago). ALL of those options would require a licensed swordsmith in Japan.

• Like 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..