Minamoto Kiyo ...

James

Hi James

winning a sandai tadayoshi on ebay was extremely fortunate, to now have found an authentic Kiyomaru would make that pale in to insignificance. ( I would spontaneously combust in a fit of jealous rage) but no you are right it is not THE Kiyomaru.

Just for information I think one his swords still holds the record price for a sword bought a either Sotherbeys or Christies. It was part of the Festing collection and sold (I beleive to Aoi-Art) for more than $450k

DO you have any images of the whole blade?

Thank you Jacques.

Unless someone can give me a reason not to, I think this'll be another one I will be sending over to Japan for Shinsa.

Paul, keep a fire extinguisher nearby so that if proves to be shoshin, I won't be the cause of your demise due to spontaneous combustion out of jealous rage :lol:

Does anyone know of an online article, research documents, etc. of Masayuki/Kiyomaro?

James

It wasnt time wasting. And I am always nervous of things being labelled an obvious forgery (I think this is one though) These things are rarely black and white and need to be looked at and discussed, thats how we all learn.

Tell us how you reached that conclusion.

regards

Paul

I reached the conclusion simply by looking at other examples, and making note of things such as chisel strokes, yasurimei, nakagojiri, etc. There are some things that look right such as the patina of the nakago and the hamon, but these are outweighed by the things that aren't in line with examples that are shoshin.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..