Advice please on ko- wakizashi

I have just unearthed this and need the Kunitomo mei translation checked please.

Only an oshigata at present but maybe pics later if I purchase. The nagasa is 39.3mm, sori of 10mm and its 34.5 at munemachi.

I only have Hawleys at present but it does show 3 smiths using this tomo kanji.Marcus Sesko meikan shinto does not show any mei for comparison. The bottom mekugi ana is punched- wider one side than other but very aware this is probably gimei but still like what I see, so after as much info and opinions as possible.Many thanks to all in advance.

Regards Michael.

Apologies but mobile flipped pic!!!

post-524-0-63320200-1569757051_thumb.jpg

Dear Mike.

I'm not sure what you hope to get in the way of opinions from this rough oshigata.   Is it signed Kunitomo?  Well you already know that from your own research.

Not sure if this thread is any use to you.   http://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/topic/6553-kunitomo-shoshin-mei/

All the best.

Mike, are you sure you want to buy this blade without knowing a lot more about it? Have you bought & studied any of the reference books that we've recommended? Anyone who buys a blade based on the mei is almost always making a mistake, unless accompanied by origami from NBTHK or NTHK.

Dear Geraint,

Many thanks for your post and the link to

the kunitomo. I had searched the board but obviously didnt use the right words as I didnt find this link. Cheers.

Ken, thanks also for your reply. I've had this blade in hand and like what I see. Just trying to research as much as possible before I decide. Was surprised that Hawleys did not show nijimei as a possible mei so obviously I need Fujishiro.

Many thanks to you both for taking the time to reply. Regards Mike.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..