There has been lots of history to the Tampa show. There are reasons why it was there and a success, but time and communities change. The community was good. And I have always enjoyed that - cheesey - auction. The banquet was IMHO always too costly - and way too calorific. But THE thing that made the Tampa Show a success was the ease of getting there - you never had to leave the Airport.

Atlanta is a central spot. It might work as a replacement.

Please keep us informed.

Peter

Jussi - yes, that is a problem.  The Tampa show used to be in early February so it was two and a half months to Chicago which wasn't all that bad.  At some point this is going to turn into just two shows as this has gotten unrealistic.  The Tampa show has been fading for years and it probably should have been moved to an earlier month  'but' then you get issues with winter storms causing travel problems.  There are a lot of East Coast people who won't go to the San Fran show due to the distance and now the costs are getting up there as well.  We'll just have to see how the market decides.

Stephen - yeah, I understand totally.  I had to retire recently because of similar issues but also with my back, neck and shoulders.  I couldn't do it any more.  Dentistry is a Mother XXXXXX!  I stopped driving to Tampa five or six years ago because my legs would go numb after three hours.  This is not conducive to safe driving...!  LOL  The nice thing was that I could fly there in 45 minutes and the price was inexpensive so well worth it.

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..