cuff links and lapel pins?

Peter Bleed

Dear Friends,

I have never really considered myself a fittings collector, but as I recently got my Namban tsubas out and thought about them once again, I came to an uncomfortable conclusion. I can still tell stories about these things. And I know some that are well-crafted. But I am left with the nagging feeling that they are basically like cuff links and lapel pins. Am I over kodogu?

Peter

Dear Peter,

It sounds like you are no longer Righteous and that "You've lost that Lovin' Feelin'" (based on some of your previous posts, I know how you like really cryptic allusions).  Honestly, I'd have to say yes.  I can't think of anyone who really lusted for kodogu, lost the yearnings and later regained the serious urge.  However, frankly I've always thought that way about Namban...  If looking at a great Natsuo doesn't move you anymore, then you are probably over kodogu....

Peter,

I know many people who are 'serial' collectors, they rotate through various interests depending on their inclinations.  I don't know how many areas of collecting you are involved in but, if this sounds like you,  your probably caught up in something else at the moment and will take up tosogu again at some future rotation.  If, on the other hand,  you only have a couple areas of collecting you may have been on the wrong journey.   Tosogu may not be your 'thing'....only time will tell.   BTW, what's wrong with cufflinks?

Cheers,

-S-

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..