Accessing Japanese Facebook

Friends,

I beg the help of this wonderful body! I have been trying to - well - "join" the Miyagi-ken Sword Collectors face book group thru this URL

https://www.facebook.com/MiyagiOkatana/

I have posted a couple of message - in English - and gotten a reply. But I can't figure out how to use the power of Google translate or how to attach images

My strong specific desire is to use this vehicle as a means of showing images of my swords to the people who I think could REALLY assess them. Can anyone point me to a "dummies' guide" to using Japanese Facebook.

There has to be a way!

Peter.

Hi Peter.  I went to the link.  All I had to do was copy the text in a box and then paste it into Google translate.  It translated it then.  You would then write your reply in google translate and have it translate that, then copy and paste it in.  Best, Bob

Google Translate is useful, but it fails to consider things like context. Try writing out something a few sentences long, & have it translated into another langauge, then reverse the process, & see how much it resembles what you originally wrote. I can't comment for Japanese, but Spanish gave me some hilarious results, & I think Peter would prefer something more professional.

Thanx for these insights. There was a time when I got along but I also came up in the generations that used WWII vintage  texts (Ano kado in tateiru Jynusa ni kikimasho "Let's ask that Cop standing on the corner").and those old Harvard texts, I gave them up when I had to work thru General Nogi's suicide note!. The whole computer thing happened after that. I'll keep working, tho and I do appreciate the help.

Peter

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..