MCAlken / Tom

Watch out for MCCalken on ebay. This is the same person as Tom Schneider, who took me for over $9K. For me, this was a lesson learned the hard way. In consversing with others in our community, I was surprised to find out how many people he got over on. Please learn from my mistake. I will gladly share details of my transaction with anyone who needs assistance.

If it were not for people like Bob Benson, I would be out of sword collecting. Happy I hung in there.

Jon

Hi Jon,

MC Alken is not the same Person. These seller list only from Time to Time a few items on ebay, thats all.

And all what you say is xxxx,

notice, i can list here clear on the board the Bill from Fedex, that the item was send to you, and that you have receive the item.

These Tachi was a consignment from Mr. Scheffler here in Germany.

You have receive, what you have pay for.

The Description was clear, sold as is, sale is final.

And if these is not so, why you come not to Germany, and we will go to the court. Thats so easy for you.

I can tell you why, you will loose.

Only for you, aks Mr. Guido Schiller here on the board, he can tell you clear the real name of MC Alken. He has buy from these seller.

Regards

Tom

Ok, as per the rules here, if someone has allegations to make, the other person gets a fair chance to state his side. However I don't see this going anywhere good, so if you 2 want to give your sides reasonably and without profanity and strong emotions, I will allow both sides their say. However the second this goes ugly I will lock this thread and you 2 can work it out yourselves in private.

Brian

Tom:

Then how come Mcalken and you have the same address? I am simply warning people about you. They can make their own decision about you. I know I am not the only one whom you have defrauded. I have given you every opportunity to make things right. I suggest you email me to work this out. I told you I would not let this go. $9K usd is a lot of money here in the USA.

Moderator Brian: You will not get any profanity from me. Unlike my adversary, I am not an emotional wreck. :?:

Sincerely,

Jon

John,

can you read or not, the same Town is not the same address.

Many collectors live here in these Town.

I told you many times that these Tachi was a consignment from Mr. Scheffler. I sold these item only for him.

His address and Phonenumber you have. If not you can have it again.

Why you orgenice not a lawer here in Germany, if you mean that these Deal was not ok. Why???

Its is on you to clear it on this Way if you like.

Notice, i sold many many items on ebay, 80 % all consignments from other collectors.

By all these items was the sale final.

You have receive a realy good mumei Blade, without flaws with a good Tachi Koshira. Price was 9K as you know, and that was a good low Price for these item.

For 9k you can sell these Tachi easy here in Europe.

But notice, the import Tax by the German costum pay you, not i.

Send it back, i sell it again, i have offer you these a few Times.

The Rest is on you, not on me.

And notice, for problems what you have with me can the Alkens nothing.

Its not ok what you do with these seller. Think about these.

Regards Tom

I have put this topic back up as I now have sufficient info and documentation that shows that Tom and MC Alken are indeed connected. I do have info that Mrs? Alken is a separate entity, however Tom...you are using her email address and selling items through her and other proof is available. That should be known to anyone dealing with the 2 of them.

Note: I am not commenting on any allegations of bad dealings, as I feel that is for the buyer and seller to work out. There have also been successful dealings with MC Alken, but in the interests of openness, I think it is valid to know that the 2 are working together. Tom, I am not posting the proof here unless you decide you wish to contest this, and then we can put it out there and let people decide for themselves. I hate to do this, but the forum has always played "open cards" when it comes to online dealings.

Any replies not valid or relevant to this topic will be deleted, and please keep this subject to the specific issue of id's and not the deals already done which is a subjective matter. I also don't want people registering here with more than one name, or this will be made public.

Brian

Only for you, aks Mr. Guido Schiller here on the board, he can tell you clear the real name of MC Alken. He has buy from these seller.
I indeed bought some books from Marie Christine Alken, and communication was great, and shipping very fast. However, this begs the question: how do *you* know about this transaction? And why do you do business under the alias - not to mention the real-name-policy of this board - "Tom Schneck" while your real name is Thomas Schneider? Why do we constantly hear complains about your allegedly shady business practices? Why do you claim on other boards (in Germany) that you're an active member / participant of the NBTHK European Branch when it's common knowledge that your membership application was refused? Why do you constantly threaten legal action (for instance in PM's), or invite (hardly practicable) international law suits when feeling challenged?

A few honest answers to these questions would go a long way in clearing your name.

All:

Just to set the record straight, Tom guaranteed though email corespondence that it was a flawless koto tachi worthy of high papers. What I recieved was a low quality, 20th century knock off, aged to look old, and full of kizu; yaki ware (right through), ware, fukure... None of which was disclosed. The sword is not even worth the NBTHK fees.

It was never disclosed that it was a consignment item until I asked for a refund. Why would he guarantee the sword and then pull the old "it's a consignment item, sorry".

This was such an obvious fraud that "tomschneck" was actually kicked off of ebay.

He wants me to send the sword back to him so he can sell it to someone else...unbelievable.

Be careful out there all. Guys like this are ruining the hobby and our investments.

Jon

THanx for the warning!

Always nice to know who can be trusted or not.

general:

When it comes to fraud or shady sellers it is always a bad thing. But I think it is a very good thing to warn collecters about

sellers that introduce them self as collectors or knowledgeble persons. These are the most rutless people. I think there is a difference in selling a $ 500 junk on ebay wich turn up to be a wallhenger and selling a "quality" koto nihonto for many thousend of $. Luckely there are few of these people out there. We all remember Darcy's "scottish-muslim" incident a while back. These people gives our hobby a bad name.

Jon!

9k is a lot of money here in europe also and I hope this can be solved for you.

regards trygve

Ok, here is Tom.

First, my real Name is Thomas Schneider, no alias or any other Names.

If you have questions about my Person, or any Deal or auctions, so ask me here on the Board.

Here is a Link with pictures of the Tachi, what Mr. John Healy (address edited out by admin) United States has buy from me on ebay at the 14.10.2006.

http://www.members.aol.com/tomschneck/Tachi.jpg

What i not undertsand is why he said, he loose 9K.

You have receive what you have buy on ebay.

Please notice John, i have all mails from these Deals, include the bad mails from you. I have no problem to post these here all on the Board.

If someone will see the Bill from Fedex, that i have send the Blade, i can list it here.

I wait of your questions.

Regards Tom

Jon and Tom,

I am going to allow the topic as long as you both remain fairly calm and non abusive. The second it goes otherwise, I will lock it. Both sides are entitled to their opinions imho.

If the sword was received as pictured, then it is about a discussion of the description and value.

The identity issue has been posted and noted by all. I won't allow the debate on the sword to take up too much space here, so please conclude it asap, and work out how you are going to handle it to resolution.

Thanks,

Brian

Edit to add: This was 2 years ago? :shock:

Hi Brian,

i have no probelm with these.

I will show only that a lot of that what John says and post here not true is.

For all other guys who have buy from me notice, that i have from near 90 % from all of my Deals the Dokuments and the mails.

It takes only a little time to find these on my record CD´S.

Here a picture from the International Air Waybill, that i have send the Tachi at the 20.10.2006 with Fedex to John O. Healy.

http://www.members.aol.com/tomschneck/John.jpg

I hope that all collectors on these Board read this.

Notice the picture what you have from me is not the true.

Many many lies are on the air from my Person.

I can tell all collectors only, talk not only with one Person, talk with more Person who has Deal with me, and you will get garantie and other picture from me as that what a few guys mean to post here.

I ask me only why comes not more questions from members of these board.

I wonder me, when im so a bad guy, why buy so many collectors from all over the World from me, over and over again.

We have at this Time many top juyo Blades, and many Katana and Tachi with Tokubetsu Hozon to for sale.

If someone here in Europe has interest, it is no problem to come here and check the Blades. The most buyer here from Germany do these.

Thats why we no more Post top Blades on ebay.

Regards Tom

Here a picture from the International Air Waybill, that i have send the Tachi at the 20.10.2006 with Fedex to John O. Healy.
No one, including John, ever questioned that you sent him a sword. What do you intend to prove by posting the shipping papers?
I ask me only why comes not more questions from members of these board.
How about starting to answer *my* questions?

So Guido,

kommen wir zu dir.

Mein English ist nicht so gut um alles was es zu sagen gibt, genau so zu sagen wie ich es meine.

Aber du kannst es ja gerne Ãœbersetzen.

I hope that Guido will Translate it in English. Thanks.

Jeder weis das Hans Eschbaum ein guter Freund von dir ist, von mir ist er keiner. Und von vielen anderen Sammlerkolegen auch nicht.

Und ich bin auch kein Mittglied der NBTHK.

Wenn ich das wollte würde ich in Tokyo beitreten, so wie es einige Deutsche getan haben, die nichts mit der NBTHK Europeen Branch zu tun haben wollen.

Einige Sammlerkolegen wollten das ich der NBTHK hier in Deutschland beitrete. ( Es sind einige hier im Forum die das bestätigen können.)

Alles Mittglieder der NBTHK Europeen Branch.

Jedoch wurde mein Antrag abgelehnt, ohne das die Mittglieder dazu befragt wurden. Es ist so von den oberen Herren entschieden worden.

Das war mir aber klar.

Hier in Deutschland werden nun mal keine anderen Händler geduldet, das ist nun mal so.

Solltest du mal wieder nach Deutschland kommen kannst du dich gerne mit anderen Mittgliedern darüber unterhalten.

Dann siehst du das ich recht habe.

Eine Einladung dazu hast nu hier nun von mir.

Danach wird das Bild ganz anders aussehen. ;)

Was meine Geschäftspraktiken angeht, die sind ganz in Ordnung.

Jeder Händler hat nun mal Kunden die nicht immer zufrieden sind.

Wenn das aber alles stimmen würde was erzählt wird, würde niemand mehr bei mir kaufen. Und das ist zum Glück nicht der Fall. :)

Tomschneck ist ein Nickname, der aus Zufall enstanden ist, da mein richtiger Name auf ebay schon zu oft besetzt war.

Nochmal extra für dich, mein richtiger Name ist Thomas Schneider

Und jeder der bei mir kauft kennt auch meinen richtigen Namen.

Also verstehe ich nicht was diese Frage genau soll. :D

Was die Frau Alken angeht, sie listet ab und zu einige Teile für mich.

Ich hoffe deine Neugier ist damit zufrieden gestellt. :roll:

Das ist auch ganz einfach bei Ebay zu prüfen.

Das kleine Häckschen hinter dem Ebaynamen bekommt man nur wenn man das Postidenverfahren gemacht hat.

Auf gut Deutsch, du must dich Ausweisen und Unterschreiben.

Dabei wird dein Personalausweis geprüft.

Wenn du sonst noch was Wissen willst fragt ruhig.

Hey Guido,

for a Moderator, please sign your Post with your Name.

Thats normaly here on the Board. :laughabove:

Regards Tom

I hope that Guido will Translate it in English.
What's there to translate? It took you a quite long, rather hostile post to talk about unrelated things, still evading the questions that were asked.
Hey Guido' date='

Thats normaly here on the Board.[/quote']Turn your eyes and/or your head slightly to the left. See that little black and gold family crest? Hang on, you're almost there! Turn your eyes and/or your head slightly up: there you are! My full name! No alias or nickname!

This thread is obviously leading nowhere, and I consider the topic closed. I think all forumites are now in a position to draw their own conclusions.

Brian asked me to translate Mr. Schneider's post. However, three things got lost in translation:

1) the numerous mistakes in the original German text.

2) the passive-aggressive tone of the post.

3) the fact that in German one usually addresses strangers with the polite "Sie", not the informal "Du"; and even if doing the latter, not writing "Du" with a capital letter is considered extremely bad form, bordering on insult.

Anyhow, here's the translation in order to give Mr. Schneider his final say.

Well Guido,

now we get to you.

My English isn't that good to exactly express what I mean.

But feel free to translate it.

I hope that Guido will Translate it in English. Thanks.

Everybody knows that Hans Eschbaum is a good friend of yours, but he's none of mine. Also not of many other collector friends.

And I am also not a member of the NBTHK.

If I'd like to become one I would join in Tokyo, as have done some Germans that don't want to have anything to do with the NBTHK European Branch.

Some collector friends wanted that I join the NBTHK here in Germany. (There are some of them on this forum who can confirm it.)

They're all members of the NBTHK European Branch.

My application, however, was turned down, without those members being consulted. It has been decided by the upper gentlemen.

This was however clear to me.

Here in Germany no other dealers are tolerated now, that's how it is.

If you ever come to Germany again you are welcome to talk with other members about it.

You then will see that I am right.

Consider this an invitation from me.

After that the picture will look quite different. ;)

Concerning my business practices, they are quite all right.

Every dealer has customers that are not always satisfied.

If everything would be true that is told, nobody would more buy from me anymore. And that's fortunately not the case. :)

Tomschneck is a nickname which came into being by incident since my real name was already too often occupied on eBay.

My real name is Thomas Schneider, once again and especially for you.

My real name is also known to everybody who buys from me.

Therefore I don't understand what this question is exactly about. :D

Concerning Mrs. Alken, she lists some things for me from time to time.

I hope your curiosity is satisfied now. :roll:

This can also very simply be checked at eBay.

One only gets the small check mark behind the eBay name if one has gone through the "positive proceeding".

In proper German, you have to identify yourself and sign.

At that time your identity card is checked.

If you need to know more, just ask.

Hey Guido,

Thats normaly here on the Board. :laughabove:

Regards Tom

P.S.: If any of the numerous friends of Mr. Schneider on this board want to come forward and vouch for him, please PM me and I'll add the messages to this thread.