contact for FEDEX in australia

hi guys, 

im looking for a fedex contact number based in austalia. i have a big grip with them trying to slug me 25% import taxes on a sword.

I keep getting a call centre in the Philippines. after 20 calls I was only answered twice, and given 2 different figures, none of which are near 10% of the value

can some one please help ??

Hi Hamfish, had the same problem last year on some medical stuff on Fedex from the USA. I rang their Sydney office number, was advised to get a statement of value and origin from vendor. Was fixed/cleared/delivered in 3 days. 

I now insist on USPS.   

• Like 2

Same issue last year, I talked to a lady in the phillipines and eventually cleared it same as Neil. Took a few days, be nice to them and it should get cleared. Have since learned to avoid Fedex or be prepared with documents if you have to use them.

• 2 months later...

Just had the same issue (again), I just paid the import charges to avoid the hassle. Blind robbery but I'm not willing to jump through all their hoops and spend 2-3 days going back and forward between these jokers. Thankfully it's the last time I ever have to use them but sometimes it's the only available option for sellers.

Notice they are the ONLY service that requires this BS and everyone has the same experience while being charged out of the proverbial.

This FedEx issue seems to be pervasive, I have the exact same issue in France, trying to have some indue import fees reimbursed to no avail so far.

The case is reportedly being worked on (since late May) except that I got no notification in 3 months.

Every call to the hotline yields a different response: "We can't do anything", "It's being worked on", "Please be patient", "It's out of our purview now".

FedEx is by far the worst carrier I've ever seen.

All o can say is, either return the item or get ducked in that arse/ wallet.

I argued with them for 2 weeks got nothing but lies, bullshit and more false figures.

Gave up and paid a agreed figure only $50 less then what they wanted but close to double what Australia GST should be.

Cheating sum IMHO

• Like 1

Who shipped the item to you? Was it properly declared on the customs forms as an antique over 100 years in age? This would require use of the Harmonized Tariff code 9706.00.00.60 , which is for antiques over 100 years in age, "other".  If it wasn't declared properly, that can always lead to issues.

I wonder whether problems are localized. My company has used Fedex to ship items worldwide since 1986. Although all of them were modern, I can't remember a single tariff issue. But, as CEO, I banned DHL completely!

We don't use DHL at all. They didn't want to even touch antique firearms.  UPS however we received International Special Commodities contracts for Antique Swords and Antique firearms to most of the European countries where we send things, particularly the United Kingdom.

The problem is the routing of UPS when going to Australia and New Zealand, as probably South Africa. They go through Pakistan (I think), who won't allow the antique guns through.  U S Mail routes their packages through Dubai in the UAE, so they won't allow them either, and also don't like swords sometimes.  If we're shipping things like antique firearms or swords to Australia and New Zealand, it's gotta go Fedex.

We don't use DHL at all. They didn't want to even touch antique firearms.  UPS however we received International Special Commodities contracts for Antique Swords and Antique firearms to most of the European countries where we send things, particularly the United Kingdom.

The problem is the routing of UPS when going to Australia and New Zealand, as probably South Africa. They go through Pakistan (I think), who won't allow the antique guns through.  U S Mail routes their packages through Dubai in the UAE, so they won't allow them either, and also don't like swords sometimes.  If we're shipping things like antique firearms or swords to Australia and New Zealand, it's gotta go Fedex.

Hi David,

As a kiwi (nz) collector Who has purchased items from the USA and Japan many times  it has to go Fedex is not a correct statement . What the items have to have is a reasonable description and are well packed.  From the states items have always been shipped UPS with no problems and tracked .The same with Japan Shipped Ems and always no problems.

I always track my items day to day to ensure I can react to any problems and as such have never had anything go any where but direct. The usual route is thru either Los Angles or  San Francisco to Auckland NZ and then NZ post to me. 

I have never brought Firearms but swords and fittings have certainly come through ok.

Chris NZ

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..