Goto Ichijo - Get Ready to be Blown Away

Vermithrax16

I might be in the wrong here, but I am missing the point. Chiaroscuro in plates used for printing, hair in stamps used for coins or medals routinely display similarly or more technically involved scenes if by such one understands the placement of various elements.

Kirill R.

I have a scruffy old binocular microscope from the 1940's fitted to a long horizontal arm that allows it to be swung over quite large objects. It came in its original box with three objectives and three pairs of eyepieces giving me magnifications from around x10 to arround x100. Compared with the posh modern one you see in Ford Hallam's videos it is positively archaic but it works and that is all that matters. If you every see one, grab it. You will find it invaluable for working on small fiddly tasks as well as for examining objects like kodogu when you can see exactly how the artist created the effects they wanted. Having a 3D view can reveal so much more than a 2D image from a magnifying glass.

Ian Bottomley

• Like 1

I might be in the wrong here, but I am missing the point. Chiaroscuro in plates used for printing, hair in stamps used for coins or medals routinely display similarly or more technically involved scenes if by such one understands the placement of various elements.

Kirill R.

I agree, but looking at the photos in the article what strikes me past the dimensions is how every tiny perfection look effortless as if he chiseled and shaped it all in a fluid first take one morning before breakfast.

When it appears effortless at this level that is true skill and mastery.

Mozart in metal.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..