Lost sword * Edit * Found

wakizashi(12 3/8”) signed Kanefusa was removed from my table at the Chicago show that took place in late April (2019) and is presumed to have been stolen.  Please look for this sword and let me know if you see it offered for sale or trade.  

The sword has a shibuichi tsuba and fuchi-kashira with dragons, coiled gold dragon menuki, a two tone saya (black

at mouth and reddish brown at end) with silver carved kojiri and a gold kozuka with a dragon motif.

If this sword is seen or found, please  contact Bob Schleimer at surfson@rcn.com or call at 312 720-1030 (please leave a message). 

There will be a $1000 reward for its return

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the support guys.  I am definitely depressed about it, as I was very much looking forward to enjoying this one.  Please try to remember this sword, in case it surfaces after a delay of time.  Being in soft metal, with a shibuichi tsuba, makes it less common than many of the swords that we see.  Cheers, Bob

By the way, it was in a dark blue bag (you can see the sash in the photo).  

Also, special thanks to Ray for passing the news to the FB page as well as all of his followers on instagram.  

If we pull together at times like this, we make it less attractive to thieves to steal from collectors by closing down their ability to resell their ill gotten gains.  In so doing, we protect each other.

• Like 3

So sorry to hear this happened to you Bob.  I'll keep an eye out also.

Any chance it may have been lifted out of your luggage or packing while in transit on the way home?  I hate to think of this kind of thing happening at any show, though it wouldn't be the first time.  

• Like 1

Wow, so uncool....I have done some gun shows and powwows and always had paranoia when people would crowd in and start handling things. I am sorry this happened to you, one would hope people at a sword show would have higher morals.

• Like 1

Hi Bob im sorry this happened and really hope you have it back in your hands and hopefully it wont cost you the $1000. Its horrible knowing there are such lowlife scumbags involved in anything to do with this hobby. Best of luck.

Greg

• Like 1

Robert,

Sorry to hear this happened.  Nothing worse than being the victim of theft.  If you are local I would hit all the gun/knife shows in the area, as well as pawn shops in the event it was a local walk-in.  If, they are looking to sell it, they probably know not to put it on the internet and will likely try and sell it person to person.  

Hope you get it back.

Ed

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

It's embarrassing Ken.  It was in a dark colored shirasaya bag that was the same color as the foam in the gun case.  When I was looking for it I checked it twice, both times in the evening, and overlooked it both times.  Even this evening, I opened the case and started putting swords in it when one banged onto it - I still hadn't seen it!  I will chalk it up to a serious senior moment.  Cheers, Bob

• Like 5

Well, rather a "senior moment" than a theft. We are all very glad for you Bob. I'll remove this post in a few days. Thanks for the update, and to everyone for keeping a lookout.
Btw...I think you owe yourself a $1000 reward. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

• Like 5

Bob, and All, try a relief whisky  -  I'm presently nose down in a glass of fine Australian Shiraz from the Possums Vineyard. Mmmmmm - Shiraz, Mother - where have you been all my life??!!

BaZZa.

EDIT: I once lost a very nice tanto with richly engraved silver mounts of chrysanthemums.  I put out LOST pamphlets locally and a newspaper LOST advertisement as well.  In the fullness of time my then girlfriend (now my 50+ years wife) discovered this tanto in her knitted jumpers shelf where I had hastily "thrust|" it one night for safe keeping.  My memory is scarcely better these some 50+ years later...

• Like 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..