thesamuraimonkey42

Avoid,
A thread on WaF has exposed him as a criminal who fraudulently creates fake Japanese wartime flags, altering and manufacturing them.
He also messes with fittings.
This is a seller to avoid, and even try and prosecute if possible.
The thread is here for those who are members there: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=986386

An example..he bought this original banner/towel from a known collector:

gg.jpg

And this is how he is selling it:

s-l1600.jpg

That is definitive proof folks. Avoid the fraudsters, and out them where possible.

• Like 10

Monkey see, monkey do (time in prison for fraud).

It'd be nice if the scumbag was caught doing something illegal and stripped of his livelihood and freedoms. Then the market would be a little safer. Con-artists deserve no sympathy.

Yes ... several of us reported him for the "copper prototype sword" he has currently listed on ebay.  I wish they would do something about it, but I don't hold by breath or I would have passed out long ago!   

Wow. What wasted talent!

But why alter an original flag? Seems counter intuitive. Like, he could have just added a premium on the original item but instead he adds modern drawing? Looks cool I have to admit but very strange.

So, its supposed to be a form of "trench art" or something?

I’ve been trying to raise awareness about this guy’s activities for a couple of years now. The real issues surround swords. So far I’ve witness him:

1. Amateur polishing, it’s poor by even amateur standards.

2. Adding mei - I saw a kokura arsenal blade he bought, then re-listed with the mei if emura added.

3. Dremel horimono added to blades.

4. Mixmasters, this I’m mixed in as you buy what you like. If you like all matching original fine, if you like it to have been put back together fine.

He’s sold under a few different eBay accounts and has used a few different names. I know some other stuff but it’s all hearsay.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

This guy seems to always have "nice" things. Its a shame though, looks like there are a few blades that would still be collectors items or at least preserved if he didn't work his magic. The amount of "extra" parts he has disturbs me on how many he's mismatched.

Now it's like he came up with these WWII Seikoshas out of nowhere too. Hate to see what would happen if he came across some decent Nambus...

I'll be close to him when I get home for leave, I really want to see ehat he says about his "treasures" lol.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

More kindly, I'd say there are a lot of overly trusting rookies... Or perhaps over-enthusiastic people who skip the study and research step (that can be their own fault).

I was very lucky when I started collecting. Not only were prices extremely low comparatively, but I only seemed to find the good, honest sellers. It was a few years until I found any books to help me, not to mention great communities online. I still deal with the same sellers now (those still around, anyway). Perhaps the difference is that back then, we didn't have as many charlatans because of the lower prices. It was more 'collectors' who also sold and traded surplus?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..