Jō´unsai Enshin confirmaiton

cisco-san

Hello,

I found this blade on the web and my translation is Jō´unsai Enshin (浄雲斎圓心).

But frankly speaking, I have never seen that the famous Hayama Enshin signed this way - always like 浄雲斎羽山円心 or 浄雲斎羽山円真 but never with 圓

Any comment would be very helpful.

Many thanks in advance

Klaus

edit: sorry for typo in the title - can´t change it!!

post-683-0-54184800-1554468683_thumb.jpg

Klaus, the nakago, mei (and even the habaki) have a worrying appearance. Are you sure this is not a newly made sword and that it is even Japanese?

Hi Ray,

many thanks. This was also my impression that is newly made, but you know... :-)

Here the link

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-WWII-Japanese-Shin-Gunto-Officers-Sword-Signed-Blade/163633787027?hash=item2619557093:g:DKgAAOSwa1NcpjPm

I think the mei is most likely OK. Hayama Enshin passed away in Taisho 9. This sword is dated Taisho 15. The son of Hayama Enshin is listed in the Nihonto Meikan as a Showa swordsmith working in Tokyo. I suspect it is a work of his. The tsuka or the koshirae may have come from a different sword as it is not 100% correct.

TomC

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..