Iron tsuba Attribution?

kyushukairu

Iron tsuba are not usually my thing, but the simplicity of this one appealed to me. In particular, the naïve design of geese in flight, the quality of the iron, and the shakudo sekigane.
Whilst I see Akasaka and Owari characteristics, I'm not confident in making any such attribution. I would, however, appreciate the opinions of those well-versed in iron tsuba.

post-2783-0-75224200-1553772561_thumb.jpg

post-2783-0-24636600-1553772568_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Gah, did you win it this morning? Kudos if you did.

It isn't quite my usual cup of tea, but I thought it a very clean example and was to put a bid in. It popped past where I was to bid, and I did not bid. I didn't want to drive it up too much. Still, I thought someone got a nice piece for a fair price.

My take is Owari with the possibility of Kanayama.  The dishing / concave tagane of the seppadai is very Owari.  The size points to a possibility of Kanayama.  I suppose Akasaka is possible but I'm not buying that even though the seppadai is a bit tapered.  It's a very nice tsuba in any case with interesting sekigane placed later in kuchibeni style.

• Like 1

Yes, Curran, I picked it up this morning. I'm usually all about the kinko, but there was just something about this one.
There seems to be a consensus on 'Owari'. I'm pretty happy with that!
Thanks Pete and Steve. Hopefully this isn't the start of a new obsession ha

Hi Kyle,

Other than one point of iron loss near the 3 o'clock position, it is a very clean nice condition example.

I wouldn't bother throwing money away getting it papered, but might have had a fitted box for it to show off the sukashi if it proved as nice in hand as it looks in the pictures.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..