Enomoto Sadayoshi

Just to clarify, for a modern smith Its not a question of whether his blade is flawless or not. Up till now other than some (not all) Ningen Kokuho it pretty difficult for a modern smith to recieve TH. I've not yet seen a Sumitane Masamine or Osumi Toshihira recieve TH. Its a question worth asking, has there been a re-evaluation or a shift in standard from the NBTHK recently because I can see a lot more TH being awarded to shinsakutos and could Juyo Token be next for smiths such as Amata Akitsugu because his swords are price the same as some Juyo blades? 

Presented with a good sword by Enomoto Sadayoshi, I don't see how the NBTHK could deny it TH. (especially worthy of preservation)

Aoi Art...……….."a very famous swordsmith designated Mukansa".

If you see one of his good blades in hand, you will get it.

That is good news modern smiths recieving TH now as a matter of standard rather than because of reputation as a LNT. 

Regarding this Sadayoshi have to say it is not his best work, also from 1972 he is not at his peak and the general workmanship from that era from all smiths were not as high as those made in the late 70s onwards. Also note that Aoi consider it is "Jo Jo saku" work for that particular smith so what would that say about a "Saijo Saku" example? A Juyo Token? ;-)

Guest Rayhan

It is very interesting indeed and a good question. Having submitted many Gendaito (some that are themselves flawless) for Tokubetsu Hozon and receiving Hozon only, there must be some shift in considerations for swords after 1950 in the NBTHK now. I shall ask this next week.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..