Honjo Masamune On Flebay

He does state that the Honjo is missing and is still a mystery, contradicting his sales pitch....lol

His quote.

"History of the sword : The Honjo Masamune is a sword that was forged by the renowned Japanese swordsmith, Goro Nyudo Masamune. This sword is one of the most famous swords in Japanese history, and at one point of time, even became one of the country’s national treasures. After the end of the Second World War, however, this renowned sword disappeared, and its whereabouts remains a mystery, even today"

• Like 2

The packing tape on the SHIRA-SAYA is a giveaway. I have never heard about MASAMUNE-SENSEI using self-adhesive parcel tape. Other than that, the slender SUGATA and the numerous WARE are certainly typical for the smith.

Unfortunately, the KISSAKI is not shown, so I will refrain from bidding.

• Like 1

What supreme photography skill. Twelve photos, and he manage to make all of them leave something to be desired.

I thought it was common knowledge Masamune used parcel tape!

I was totally onboard with this, finger hovering over the bid button until I spotted the one chink in the armor: "maker: Masanori"

And to think that all these years it was near this teaspoon and that cup... and people kept looking elsewhere. I wonder if the adhesive tape is contemporary...

Now, to bid or not to bid...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..