Two Tanto Blades

vajo

What's that red stuff on the Masasada? Active rust?

No, its some piece of unknown painting or lacquer. 

The Kunihiro Tanto has a very fine Ko-midare hamon. I guess it is in Bizen style.

I tried to bring out the hada in that picture. Which i think it is o-itame / o-mokume.

post-3496-0-23915000-1552734276_thumb.jpg

The nagasa of the two blades are 30 cm.

The signatures are seems to be authentic.

The blades are out of polish but they are very healthy. No crack, no chip and and not polished down.

The second blade, the Masasada could be brings out a gunome midare hamon wich is not very good to seen. Its more a guess under sunlight.

post-3496-0-83142900-1552736573_thumb.jpg

Step 1; who exactly are these smiths? 

Chris,

At risk of repeating myself. If nothing else this information will be useful should you decide to sell. 

Besides, what are we doing if we're not researching, learning all we can about these items in our possession?

Writing up a kantei sheet (condition permitting) is half the enjoyment. Writing up a kantei forces us to have to objectively look at and analyze these pieces we own.

Edited by nagamaki - Franco
  • Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..