Ajt.Japan Ebay. Be Careful.

I bought a Gendaito from "ajt.Japan" yesterday. He is now saying he doesn't have the sword and will be refunding my money. I have no doubts that this will be relisted for much more money in the future.

This is Shady business in my opinion. Be Leary of this seller.

-Logan-

There are lots of Japanese accounts on eBay that act as intermediaries,they list pieces for sale from somewhere else, a Japanese web or something for some hundreds more, so if they sell it they get the cut.

Problem with this, is that if the real owner sells it, his listing kindda becomes a ghost, as he never had the item nor can obtain it.

Not sure if it's the case with this account as seems recent, but they can be easily spotted, as they have listed tons of overpriced pieces, each one with different type of pics, backgrounds, lightings and descriptions

Happened to me the same one time, there was a listing with 5 quite decent tsuba for 50$ that had just been listed. Obviously i rushed to purchase it quite nervous. Next day seller confirms. Two days later sends me a refund and told me ''it was sold in person'' :bang:

It hurts :dunno:

• 4 weeks later...

Buy swords in person from someone trustworthy. Or here on the board. That’s your best bet. If you want something specific post an ad and probably someone will accommodate. Ebay isn’t the place for sword purchases. Too many people have bad experiences and also too many intermediaries posting things they don’t have.

A very nice type 3. The price is laughable. I dont understand why he dont make a fixed price with make offer option.

We all want to buy cheap, but it must be realistic at all in my opinion.

• Like 1

Search here first and if you must buy from eBay, FIRST check the sellers feedback and prior sales and if the seller has many negative feedback or doesn't have a solid history of selling Nihonto, walk away.

As stated above, some Japanese sellers will act like a middleman and list Nihonto from other sellers but for a higher price.

There are only a small handful of respectable Nihonto sellers on eBay and allot of time their merchandise isn't that great. Once in a while you can find a nice deal but not that often.

Your best bet is coming here first and checking in the sales section and asking others

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..