Tsuba Mei Nara?

dominnimod

Its a copper oni tsuba, a common design of the nara school i think, but this one seems on quite fair shape, maybe revival? , i need help with the translation, two kanji on the right must be the name and the one on the left maybe an artist seal? Im new on these late pieces. Also, there are traces of numbers on white pen? Does that mean it came from a museum/old collection ? Any clue is appreciated, post-3515-0-42663200-1551706114_thumb.jpgpost-3515-0-58090300-1551706127_thumb.jpgpost-3515-0-93952300-1551706138_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The tsuba is signed 'Tōu' (東雨), which is the of Tsuchiya Yasuchika. Not sure about that kao though.
As for the numbers inside the nakago-ana, whilst these are often seen on museum pieces, in this case it could have simply been added by collector who wished to number their pieces.

• Like 1

Excuse me, kao is the seal? Also whats the meaning of go? Google translate doesn't help much, i suppose it means school? Tsuchiya Yasuchika its a big name, should we assume its gimei right? Sorry for all the questions, i usually mostly collect ko kinko, but found this one on ebay quite cheap, i suppose the seller might have though it was one of the chinese fakes,

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..