Japanese Sword Blade - 33 1/4" - Translation Needed

I am new to this forum and am unsure what I should ask. My uncle was stationed in Japan at the end of WWII and brought home some Japanese swords. One of the items is only a blade. It is 33 1/4" long and has no furniture. I have taken photos of both sides of the blade where the writing is and am interested in knowing what it says. If someone can help me I would very much appreciate it.post-4875-0-52561900-1551484682_thumb.jpgpost-4875-0-67125300-1551484697_thumb.jpg

Thank you very much. It is great to find out what is on my blade. Now, since the blade has no furniture (nothing), would it be possible to acquire vintage furniture so that I can put it back together? If so, where would you suggest that I start? I really appreciate the help you have given me as I am totally out of water with this project.

please sign all posts with your first name plus an initial as is requested here.

In case there is no rust, your blade could be a stainless steel Naval one. Do you see a stamp with an anchor in a circle on the tang?

It is not impossible to find a set of mounting parts (KOSHIRAE) but many blades have been made partly by hand and may have a differing curve (SORI) and length (NAGASA). You can do a search ad here at NMB with the length of your blade (from tip to notch on the back) and SORI. Please inform yourself about the features and terms of swords so you know what to look for.

I wish you success!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..