Two Colour Silk Sageo

Wim V

Dear all,

Does anyone know where to find a two-colour sageo as in the attached picture?  I find tons of sageo on the internet, but the two-coloured ones, with the weaving pattern as in the picture, seem pretty hard to find.

Preferably, I would like to find one of these in good quality silk.  I am looking for a wakizashi size sageo (so 120 cm approximately), but if that would be impossible to find I suppose I could also cut down a katana size sageo.  It does not have to be the exact two colours as in the picture (brown/black), I am open to other colour possibilities (for example blue / ivory white), but the alternated colour pattern is what appeals to me.

Thanks for any help.

Wim

post-186-0-05836400-1550675622_thumb.jpg

Hi Wim,

I wouldn't advise cutting one, as you can see the ends have been worked in a specific way (also to hold the combined threads together). It would be quite a waste to have one and then cut it on one of the sides ;-)

You could check this little page out: http://www16.plala.or.jp/katana-iimura/index2.english.html

They sell sageo and a bunch of other items.

Hi Wim

I have a green and ivory silk sageo , full lenth ( approx 3 m) that I bought in the Japan Sword Shop in Tokyo

It has been used and has a few marks from shitodomes but still looks good.

Yours for £ 40 (I paid almost double that!)

I'm in the UK so no customs charges, at least for now.

Regards Tony

post-654-0-61226800-1550689817_thumb.jpg

post-654-0-37463100-1550689859_thumb.jpg

Archived