Muromachi Yoshihiro Tanto

O-Midare

Thank You Ray, it is a very beautiful little Tanto, I'm confused as to why they have so little insight in to such a beautiful piece. I was thinking maybe Bizen or Yamashiro, going by other tanto I have seen like this, but I am way down the totem pole in knowledge compared to many of you Nihonto Students.

They may feel that the blade is wakimono, ie. shows traits that do not fit precisely within one of the mainline traditions and is therefore more difficult to categorize.

Thank You Ray, it is a very beautiful little Tanto, I'm confused as to why they have so little insight in to such a beautiful piece. I was thinking maybe Bizen or Yamashiro, going by other tanto I have seen like this, but I am way down the totem pole in knowledge compared to many of you Nihonto Students.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..