Musashi 49 episode TV series (2003)

Hi All,

You are talking about Taiga drama aired every Sunday here in Japan as well as other overseas cities such as LA SF where big Japanese community resides. Here's what this TV series is all about.

Taiga drama (大河ドラマ) is the name NHK gives to the annual, year-long historical fiction television series it broadcasts in Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiga_drama

Erol Ishikawa aka Ichi

It seems that Musashi 49 episode TV series (2003) have not published as DVD yet, becouse of problems about copyright or something, according to the info from Wikipedia.

The products showed by Guido are old version of Miyamoto Musashi, which were broadcasted in 1984-1985 on TV. That was a good series and much better than 2003 version.

Hi All,

I saw that Musashi flick aired few years ago. It was a life story of Musashi, from childhood to the end, but more leaned toward his love affair. If you are really interested in a sword flick, check out Shinsengumi which was aired three years ago by the same program - Taiga Drama. The honcho of the group, Kondo Isami, carried 'Kotetsu' but later turned out to be gimei. He didn't know about it and used it through out his life. This program will show the true life of the 'last' samurai during 1850's - their lifesytle, kendo practice, drinking, and the real sword dual at the end of Edo.

Your Musashi, the one you are looking, as well as Shinsengumi are available from this site. US$100 plus shipping. Have fun!

Ichi

http://www.kurotokagi.com/

P.S. Nobunaga (King of Jipangu) was also an interesting flick

I bought the NHK Musashi Taiga series and it came with English subtitles. I've watched the first 7 episodes and it's pretty good very true to the

Eiji Yoshikawa book. The actor that plays Matahachi is excellent!

I found a guy in the UK who can provide all the NHK Taiga dramas, if anyone on the board is interested contact me via email and I'll provide his details.

I bought the NHK Musashi Taiga series and it came with English subtitles. I've watched the first 7 episodes and it's pretty good very true to the

Eiji Yoshikawa book. The actor that plays Matahachi is excellent!

I found a guy in the UK who can provide all the NHK Taiga dramas, if anyone on the board is interested contact me via email and I'll provide his details.

I'd be interested in these Peter.

Rich

• 2 months later...

I finally watched all of Musashi. Not bad at all. Just a bit too much "love" like Ichi mentioned previously.

I'm about half way through the NHK Yoshitsune series and this is superb!! Liking it much better than Musashi and it has some excellent battle scenes. The actor that plays Kuro Yoshitsune is just perfect in his role.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..