shinsa

Hi John,

Your 'Hozon Bango' Preservation Number is 883.

Top right it says 'Tanto' above 'Kaneyoshi', and below that in red it says 'Go-kaku' or Pass.

There is a line drawn through 'Tokubetsu Hozon' clarifying that at this stage they are only allowing you the first step of Regular Preservation.

On the left it states that this is a notification of the facts stated on the right. The process of returning submitted object(s) will be started on June 30th. Nothing will move on Saturdays, Sundays, or National Holidays.

There is a line drawn through 'Tokubetsu Hozon' clarifying that at this stage they are only allowing you the first step of Regular Preservation.
Actually it just means that it wasn't presented to TokuHo Shinsa because it was submitted only for Hozon. One can apply for both Hozon and Tokubetsu Hozon at the same time; in that case it would have a stamp either saying "pass" or "failed".

Actually it just means that it wasn't presented to TokuHo Shinsa because it was submitted only for Hozon. One can apply for both Hozon and Tokubetsu Hozon at the same time; in that case it would have a stamp either saying "pass" or "failed".

Thanks Guido for the clarification. So, what the shop told me was a pack of porkie pies. I have now had two of mine pass Hozon, having been told that I had to go step by step... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :steamed:

Piers, the application form can be marked "Hozon", "Tokubetsu Hozon" (if it already has papers), and "Hozon *and* Tokubetsu Hozon". The Shinsa fees add up to the same amount, whether you apply seperately or simultaniously, but I suspect the agent makes more money asking for handling fees twice ... :(

Piers, the application form can be marked "Hozon", "Tokubetsu Hozon" (if it already has papers), and "Hozon *and* Tokubetsu Hozon". The Shinsa fees add up to the same amount, whether you apply seperately or simultaniously, but I suspect the agent makes more money asking for handling fees twice ... :(

I suspect that you may be right, Guido. :badgrin:

If you get the sword back in August, John, then you may expect to get the paperwork a couple of months after that. Lots of things to look forward to then! :clap:

once more does it say any where on the sheet if it was the July shinsa?

You asked John and he's not answering so far, Stephen. I don't know what Shinsa he put it into, and there is nothing else written on the sheet, but if they are returning swords starting from June 30th, as it says, then...

:dunno:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..