Question On This Auction

I see this seller listing a lot of bare blades like this one, supposedly Japanese:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/T792-Japanese-Samurai-Sword-Gendaito-Yasuoki-Katana-Blade-71-2-CM/143100680125?hash=item21517717bd:g:XUIAAOSwpJ5cNUK-:rk:16:pf:0

From the prices he gets, and the way the balde looks, I'm guessing these are Chinese made? Or am I off on that? 

Does anyone have any experience with this seller, good or bad? 

I don't know who is supplying him with these blades, they look better than most of the Chinese items. I am pretty sure they are all recently manufactured. They typically have signatures of good gendai swordsmiths on them. I believe they are all bogus signatures. Good for wacking weeds of perhaps Iaito.

Tom

• Like 3

I own a few Chinese forged swords from Longquan that I had custom ordered from a different Chinese eBay dealer. They're actually quite well made, in good polish with tight construction and nicely balanced. I enjoy them quite a bit. 

But the main thing for me was, I knew where the swords were coming from. What they were, and what they weren't. 

Since first posting this, I took Robert's advice and looked more throught he forum about this dealer. I think I know what I need to know now, so thanks guys. :)

Komonjo as a seller does have some legitimate items... and also some super spurious fakes. Buyer beware. I think he probably buys from several sources and mixes in real with fake to fool people who are into the idea of being a 'loyal buyer'.

• Like 2