Translation Assistance If Possible

nickm

Story goes I have found a sword for sale essentially hundreds of miles away for me and the fellow is hard to get pictures from so I managed one of the signature and and wondering if anyone can tell me anything they see prior to me taking a potentially worthless road trip.. As always thank you to anyone who has the time and hopefully can see something...

post-4776-0-36213800-1547047906_thumb.jpg

My guess:

豊後守六助

Bungo-no-kami ? rokusuke  

But when I search for the above, or combinations of the above, I get no worthwhile hits. 

I really wonder if this sword is worth the several hundred miles road trip. If the seller is unable or unwilling to provide pictures, particularly of the hamon, I wouldn't bother with making such a trip when there are so many other swords out there. 

Edit: I think the 5th kanji is 大, as Ray said. So maybe 大助?Anyway, I still get no validation when I search on that. 

I have my doubts

1. I can't find any variation of 住 that resembles the 4th kanji on this sword. 

http://glyphwiki.org/wiki/u4f4f-ue0100

2. 住 after 守 doesn't make any sense. 

Edit: 大動 (Daidō) is the most likely candidate so far, but the 4th kanji bothers me (what is it?, and does it help confirm Daidō), and the left part of 動 looks weird. But I have no better name to offer. There seem to be no examples of Daidō on the internet. If anybody has one, I'd be interested to have a look. Seems to be a slightly obscure smith. This is the long way of saying, I'm still scratching my head over this one. 

The TSUBA has obviously been "cleaned" and lost its patina and probably much of its value. Otherwise the KOSHIRAE looks nice and seems to be of good quality.

I am a little careful in buying when I see that the owner puts a blade in wrong position (on the cutting edge!) on the stand. Makes me feel dodgy.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..