Assistance with Showato/Gendaito mei

Brian

Hi all,

At the recent South African Japanese Sword Society meeting, the following sword was brought in by a member of the public for any info. It has a prominent showa stamp, but is in quite a nice original polish, and is definitely not mass produced. It has a nice tight hada and what looks like a choji hamon.

I was wondering if anyone is able to assist with the mei?

This is the only pic I was able to get at the time, so hopefully it is visible. I have attempted the translation here at work, but keep getting interrupted and didn't make too much progress. Appears to be the full smith name.

Thanks,

Brian

29juntang03.jpg

Thank you very much all. Much appreciated. I had the Noshu Seki ju.... saku kore part, and had actually guessed at Kanefusa, but hadn't explored it more yet. I will forward all the info to the owner. Thanks Rich, it was one of the first pages I came across once I knew the translation, and it is excellent as always :)

Regards,

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..