The Seikadô museum currently shows an exhibition of swords and fittings; it'll end on July 27. Living in Japan for a long time, I'm pretty spoiled when it comes to high class exhibitions, but this one really is a *must*, and rivals the best NBTHK exhibitions. Attached is a list of items on display (no less than 12 Kokuhô, Jûyô Bunkazai and Jûyô Bijutsuhin!):

post-13-14196748445267_thumb.jpg

post-13-14196748448451_thumb.jpg

post-13-14196748449632_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the update Guido.

Do you know if there is a catalogue available ?

Many thanks,

Paul.

PS: do you have a fax number and/or an e-mail address for this museum ?

No separate catalog, all their swords were already published in the book "SEIKADÅŒ MEITÅŒ HYAKUSEN é™å˜‰å ‚å刀百é¸" (which unfortunately is out of print now). Their address and phone number is on the web-page I provided a link to above, but to my knowledge there's no fax # or e-mail address. Sorry.

Guest reinhard
the book "SEIKADÅŒ MEITÅŒ HYAKUSEN é™å˜‰å ‚å刀百é¸" (which unfortunately is out of print now)

Whenever you come across this book: Buy it and don't negotiate. It is worth every cent.

reinhard

Whenever you come across this book: Buy it and don't negotiate. It is worth every cent.
I fully agree. For those not being familar with it: 100 important swords on double pages, one page showing high quality b/w photos of the entire blade, the Nakago and Monouchi, second page with a description and an extremely detailed Oshigata of the Monouchi. Some color plates in the front of Koshirae and fittings. English index.

Apologies if this is a repost, but have you seen this article?

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/ ... 626a3.html

Unfortunately yes. :lol: Yasutsuna is the earliest sword smith ... grooves make a sword more resistent to bending ... how much more can someone [self-deleted profanity] an article who obviously had the chance to get it straight from the museum/curator? :roll:

Apologies if this is a repost, but have you seen this article?

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/ ... 626a3.html

Unfortunately yes. :lol: Yasutsuna is the earliest sword smith ... grooves make a sword more resistent to bending ... how much more can someone [self-deleted profanity] an article who obviously had the chance to get it straight from the museum/curator? :roll:

You don't like the lady, then! :lol:

On a positive note, the article made me want to go and see the exhibition.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..