Oei Bizen Yasumitsu

Jean

My Dear Friends,

It is time for me to part with most part of my collection. All swords are sold 10% under their purchase price.

I shall keep only two swords: my Juyo Ryokai and my Kamakura Yamato Sukemitsu tanto.

http://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/topic/17414-achieved-collection-gokaden/page-1

First one : it will be my Oei Bizen TH ubu Yasumitsu (machi Okuri by 1,5cm)

http://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/topic/6866-santa-claus-was-late/page-1

Price is 15 000€ + shipping + paypal fees

• Like 11

That's a lovely blade Jean. If I were a richer man I'd be in like Flint.

Hope the sale goes well.

Best,

John

Hi John and all,

> I'd be in like Flint.

I believe the man mentioned should be Flynn, Errol Flynn...

BaZZa.

• Like 2

For the time being it is on hold. But you are right, Chris, I have not seen on the market a Yasumitsu ubu tachi for ages, all are more or less suriage. The hada is stunning, and the ko-kissaki is lovely., strong fumbari

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So if someone will start a collection, or someone will restart a new collection there is the sword. No dealer provisions, a sensei on your side, to quide and advise you.

You will collect the Japanese way..

And if it happens in Europe, sure that Jean will be also happy to visit his former sword and broke a bottle with the new owner. I did it exact the same way and I could not be more happy..

Best

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello Ed and all, now this has raised its head again I must insist that "In Like Flynn" is the ridgy didg original expression.and not "In Like Flint".  It is true that both are real, but gentlemen all, let me draw your attention to MY intended meaning:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_like_Flynn

Indeed, if one googles "in like flynn" one can see there is another whole genre around Errol Flynn.  CONCLUSION: Ed is right and I am right - choose your "in"...

BaZZa.

• Like 2

To memory, this is the most desirable sword I've seen offered on this board. Signed Bizen Kodachi from a Jo-Jo saku maker, during a period for which it is hard to get Jo-Jo Saku as you get to compete with top Koto. Throwback shape with ko-kissaki gives you the elegance of olden times. Taken together, my view is that the ownership tax on this sword is low (you can sell close to what you paid) and the emotional dividends of ownership are high (it has the attributes of a valued blade).

It's rare to see a sword like this circulating in the west. We are inundated by 'freak circus' blades and when a blade not only stands apart but shines like this one it deserves to be highlighted. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I knew this was a bad time to rework the holiday house. Amazing blade offered here!

edit

I believe Aoi art says it best:  :glee:

(We divide 4 sections for each sword as Saijyo saku, Jyojyo saku Jyo saku and regular saku)
This sword belongs to Yasumitsu ranking.
  • Like 7

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..