Maybe Munehiro Somebody? Difficult Mei To Read, Help

Ron STL

I'm puzzled by the mei on this small but interesting iron tsuba. It was picked up in Japan in October by a local frined. As you can see, the mei is carved close together and hard to read. I might see the name Munehiro saku, but I'm not so sure. The way the mei is carved reminded me of a Hoan Kanenobu tsuba I have, but see nothing that says anything Hoan. Sort of ran into a brick wall with this tsuba. It can use a little TLC as you can see, but I felt the quality of the plate was good. I like the use of shakudo on it, too. Anyone out there able to translate what is on this tsuba? Ron STL

Tsuba 1a.pdf

Tsuba 1b.pdf

Looks like 宗寅作 (?-Munetora saku), with the part being illegible. I can find no records or examples of tsuba by an artist using Munetora, so that leaves me with very little confidence. 

Edit: Peter (and Ron) may be closer to the mark. Could be 紀宗廣作 (Ki-no-Munehiro saku). That is looking more plausible than my guess.

Edit #2: And following from that first edit, I can imagine the two top characters on the left of the reverse side of the tsuba may be 明珍 (Myōchin)

Thanks Steve. Myochin did certainly come to mind along with Ki (Ki no...) but I couldn't convince myself. However, I bet you are correct. If so, maybe that's why the feel of the plate attracted me to this simple little tsuba. 

Peter, you are definitely, this tsuba is very "challenging" to appreciate. It is just something our friend Ted Kiss picked up in Japan a couple months ago. Very likely it was the difficult to read mei that appealed to me. Hate when I can't figure out kanji. Keeps an old man occupied on winter days. 

Ron STL 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..