Captured WWII Sword

Virginian

Blade Guard Knife Paste – Simple, quick and effective protection for all your knives. Formulated especially for carbon steel with all non-toxic ingredients and food grade oils. When applied to carbon steel, it gives your blade a satin sheen that lasts. Once on the blade, with the excess wiped off, you can feel no residue; just a super thin layer of protection that stays on the blade and stands up to water and weather, repelling dust and dirt and maintaining your knife for generations to come.

They don't say exactly what it is, but I feel it should be fine.

Sorry for the delay, but here are some answers to questions/concerns:

-I don't have a good camera, nor the skills to take pictures any better than the first ones I posted. I'm sure at some point I will show the sword to a local expert and he can take some pictures.

-I have PM'd individuals in response to them asking me to do some kind of documentary. I'm not a very public person, but I told them I would listen to any proposals and decide from there. I'm not ruling it in, or out.

-Blade Guard Paste is made from 100% non-toxic ingredients. The base oil is the most highly refined food grade mineral oil available. It is in paste form due to the addition of 100% natural beeswax. The paste was tested, approved and is used by KA-BAR Knives on their high-end custom blades. It was also recently praised by the Buck knives owners club magazine. I have used Blade Guard on rare firearms from my grandfathers collection for years to protect the finish and prevent rusting. I informed Ted Tenold of the ingredients and he knows I put it on the sword. I don't expect any sword collectors to use something different than what they've always used, but the fact is that it contains only what most people use anyway.

-As for the California cancer warning... I bought seatbelts for one of my old cars yesterday and they had the exact same warning. As a matter of fact, every page of the 2 inch thick catalog had that warning on it. Due to lawyers and idiots, every company in the US has to post that warning to protect themselves against lawsuits.

Take care,

George VO

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..