I Need Some Help

EdWolf

Ed, we are in the same boat. The Ju character has extra strokes so it needs a leap of faith, suggested partly by context.

The left line is 1.口  2.口  3. 治 but to pick apart the first two I will need to crank up the brain and open some books. No.2. has 金 hen, so that is where I will start. (Just woken up!) In the meantime other beavers will surely be at work on it! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Giving up for the moment, but something keeps calling me back to reconsider: 押鍛冶

There were at least 25 gunsmiths in Wakayama who called themselves Oshi kaji, a name that some say originated from their tongues being cut out to prevent the secrets of gunsmithing from spreading.  Although some signed with the actual (not pc today) sound and character for 'dumb', others kept the sound but used the verb Osu 押す 'to push', as 押し i.e.Oshi .

Perhaps some higher power would step in and sort us out!

Thoughts anyone, to push this game forwards?  :)

• Like 1

Hi Piers and Uwe,

Thanks for all the effort! I really appreciate it!

This one is hard to read. I'm a novice but normally I can determine one or sometimes more within a half hour. But this one, after an hour I gave up. Nothing. Thanks to you guys we can read a part! Maybe an other member can help us.

Thanks again!

Best regards, Ed

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..