How Do I Wear This Type Of Kote?

bleaches

Got a well made replica set of armor the other day and although I have a pretty good understanding of how to wear all the components I am baffled by this style of Kote with two cords in each set. From what I know usually Kote's come with one cord front and back to tie under the armput of the opposing arm. Can someone give me some pointers if there is a "correct" way to tie this thing? Thanks in advance. 

post-4686-0-87433500-1540162778_thumb.jpg

post-4686-0-76409600-1540162862_thumb.jpg

Peter, The problem with replica armours is that they are not real and have odd features thought up by their makers  :)  :)  :) .

On a real kote these ties are fastened to the fabric not the metalwork, the rear one longer than the other so that you can run the rear one under the opposite armpit and tie them on your chest. If there are toggles on the metalwork of the kote they would fasten to  loops on the underside the watagami of the dou and often pass through loops on the sode as well so that they hold those as well. 

Ian Bottomley 

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..