Type95 Real Or Not?

vajo

I have some doubts about this.

What you think, real or not?

post-3496-0-87007500-1539071364_thumb.jpg

The stamps looks ok, but the Gifu stamp is to small i think against the kokura stamp. The Fuchi doesn't fit correctly and the color is not the same like others i think.

Wenn you look on the Chuso you see some tracks. Normaly it must be flat and well made.

Thats why i doubt.

• Like 1

Hello Chris,

Looks like a good one to me..Working from right to left...Habaki is the right colour and comes out at the right angle..Tsuba has a nice patina and the seppa behind it looks correct..Fuchi and stamps looks fine, understand your concerns but if you have Jim Dawson's Imperial swords of Japan on page 187 you will see not all of the fuchi are flush fitting,in fact,the one in your photo is very good and the stamps look correct...! Hilt has the correct brown paint and nicely worn with the correct colour to the painted same..finally that locking catch looks just right....When I get home will take some photo's of a really loose fitting fuchi on a gunto I'm about to sell so you can compare...

Regards,

Paul...

• Like 1

Chris,

Nagoya seemed to have less quality control compared to the Tokyo operation. Variations abounded. I'd have to see more of the blade, serial number, and tsuka to make a call. I agree the stamping is thinly cut, and the definition in the ito wrap looks poor, but everything else seems normal, so lacking more of the gunto, even the saya, I'd write those differences off to Nagoya quality control.

• Like 1

Bruce that picture is form a german board where they want to make a database for sword stamps and smiths (mostley european swords, Japanese are only a few) This is from one of the members there. So i did not have seen other pictures of the sword.

• Like 1

Bruce that picture is form a german board where they want to make a database for sword stamps and smiths (mostley european swords, Japanese are only a few) This is from one of the members there. So i did not have seen other pictures of the sword.

So, for that purpose, these are a fair representation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..