Japanese Army Officer Katana Mei

DanTheMan

Hey guy, and gals. Sorry if my post isn't formatted right or doesn't have all the details needed for your help.

To put it short I am looking to expand my military collection to include Japanese swords, and have had my eye on one for sale for the past few weeks; whats stopping me is the lack of knowledge on it that the seller isnt able to provide. I was hoping for even a general idea if the sword would be worth purchasing. My goal is to buy a wartime one to place into a shadow box with an engraved plaque stating its maker and a brief potential history of it.

Any help would be great and I can post a link to the listing on the antique site if you would like.

In the event this one doesn't seem to fit the bill for what im looking for, I am in the market for a mid to high end War Time katana that has a decent story to it if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks so much,

Dan from Virginia.

" I had to piece the photo together because the site doesn't allow saving of photos."

post-4673-0-98053500-1538326820_thumb.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..