Interesting Sword I Just Bought

brannow

Chogi made not only mimigata but also gunome, gunome midare, choji hamon even some a little bit like koshi no hiraita midare.

What is important is that the Chogi hamon has a Bizen outline but Sōshū influence and features like nie and sunagashi. Chogi is the epitome of Soden Bizen.

Very difficult to say here with all this surface rust. I cannot discern the nie etc even though the hamon looks Bizen-ish.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is a very fine blade, choiji madare with nioi-deki. I  say it's 90% Bizen Kamakura period. I had one like this 40 yrs ago, good find. I would be careful with all shinsa in USA. One team gave me three different kankei opinions in three shinsa's.. Before, you have it polished, send to Japan NBTHK  for papers.  Good luck. Now, fellows don't pick on me, It is my opinion.

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..