Interesting Kozuka

Blazeaglory

Is there a question with this one?

Hirata and Shippo worked in glass and enamel.

-The early rare stuff is extremely valuable.  Often with mixed weights or heavy gold wire.

Juyo example: http://iidakoendo.com/7049/

Only $45000

-The mid stuff is valuable. Often with gold wire.

example:   see attached 

[ko-katchushi plate that I think was Hirata reworked. The copper fukurin has some interesting early mokume-1700s I think]

-The late stuff- it depends. Usually without gold. Sometimes the designs are nice and work decent.

post-44-0-98351500-1537034285_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

When it comes to enamel the advice is simple......

HIRATA, signed, attributed, or attributable only. Stay away from the legions of dull, anonymous, muddy, mongrels offered for sale..they are of little to no real interest. The only exception would be fine quality late (Meiji) ornamental work SIGNED by important Kyoto makers like Namikawa, etc.

-S-

When it comes to enamel the advice is simple......

HIRATA, signed, attributed, or attributable only. Stay away from the legions of dull, anonymous, muddy, mongrels offered for sale..they are of little to no real interest. The only exception would be fine quality late (Meiji) ornamental work SIGNED by important Kyoto makers like Namikawa, etc.

-S-

But but but... rabbits?

But but but... rabbits?

Wabbits INDEED!  Sometimes we MUST buy something because it speaks to us. Be it muddy bunnies, or one of those shirts that lives in the back of our closets unworn......quick infatuation often turns to indifference. Take pause, and think, before shelling out your hard earned Staters. BUT BUT but......not everything in this life needs to make sense, looking back, some of my most cherished moments certainly didn't, so do as you will.

-S-

Wabbits INDEED! Sometimes we MUST buy something because it speaks to us. Be it muddy bunnies, or one of those shirts that lives in the back of our closets unworn......quick infatuation often turns to indifference. Take pause, and think, before shelling out your hard earned Staters. BUT BUT but......not everything in this life needs to makes sense, looking back, some of my most cherished moments certainly didn't, so do as you will.

-S-

Are you talking about my "who has two thumbs and wants a beer?"(this guy!) shirt? Lol

Yeah now that you mention it and I see it compared to other better items I can see the muddy appearance. I was bemused and held hostage by all the pretty colors! Saying feeed rabbit with money feeeed the rabbit! Thanks for beating him back with a stick for me! Lol

But God no I would never spend that much ching ching on that kuzuka. I'll just admire half heartedly from afar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..