Tetsunin

kissakai

Hi

I've just bought this from an eBay seller in Japan. I'm sure most will be familiar with this seller and generally sells items for what they are worth and a fair dealer

While it is in Japan is it worth sending for Shinsa but I don't want to waste my money?

The mei (Tetsunin) looks OK along with the design and sizes

I'm not convinced about the surface working so I need to ask some one with more knowledge than me

The maker was not stated on the sellers listing so another negative

It didn't cost a lot and I still like the design so I'd keep it even if it is gimei

post-2100-0-14619600-1536694345_thumb.jpg

Grev

Thanks Chris

Yes I liked it

As the mei is a bit indistinct it was difficult for me although I did compare it and it looked a close match and that was why I asked about the surface of the tsuba gave me a bit of doubt

Strange it didn't have a bid on the auction so he accfepted my lower offer!

Hi Patrick

I should have remained on your watch list as my offer came after the auction finished

I'd still be interested in opinions on the surface of the tsuba

I had a look through my books and funnily enough the best match is one in the Birmingham museum and the sukashi design is of a similar form

Best I can do with the mei image

post-2100-0-51096800-1536756418_thumb.jpg

post-2100-0-76340000-1536756353_thumb.jpg

Grev

Also, relevant to this conversation is this past thread :

http://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/topic/12900-tsuba-mei/

Follow Patrick's lead.

Grev-  I like the tsuba design as minimalist, functional, and artistic.

Similar to that one in your Wabi-sabi thread, I have a hard time resisting such pieces when they can be purchased without thinning the wallet too much. If you cannot have a Zen garden in the office, then have a few of these as paperweights and open the windows when the season allows.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..