T98 Scabbard Parts Question

lambo35

I am very new to this board and to Nihonto in general. Please forgive my simple questions. I recently acquired a T98 sword made by Fujii Kanefuji in the 1942-43 period and am now exploring its past and type of blade manufacture, etc.

Q. Is the brass cap opening to a T98 scabbard called the koifuchi, or is it just the opening in the scabbard regardless of the presence of a brass cap or not? What is the brass cap itself called?

Q.Do these scabbard caps [some, many, all] have a small bar, latch, soldered across the inside of the cap, where the button/latch on the blade furniture secures the blade in the scabbard?

My scabbard has the retention bar, latch, soldered at an oblique angle so the button/latch on the blade and will only press against the blade retention latch, not locking it in position, this provides resistance against accidental removal, and, not requiring positive pressure against the button for blade removal.

Q. Is this modification wartime or post war?

Q. Any one else see this before?

Many thanx, in advance, for sharing the answers with me.

Chuck

PS. I am reading.   :]

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..