Buyee New Photo Service

Tempted?  Wonder what the final price will be, all relative (excluding hysteria) as these "theatrical" pieces generally find a ready market. Time and Time again, I've seen many more "serious" pieces grow dusty on the shelves while items like this fly away...there are many worse ways to spend ones money.

-S-

I like how the clouds come off the seppa-dai.
Really good nanako too. This is one of those full in-your-face visual tsuba that horrify the old iron guys :)
Nothing subtle about it, final price will either leave us saying "I told you so" or even worse... "Why didn't I throw in a bid!"

Funny but true.  Reminds me of certain types of classic car purists (the Duesenberg,Bugatti,pre WW2 Mercedes crew) who would run for the garlic and crosses at the mention of American muscle cars.  They would laugh and pooh pooh them at sales until a Shelby Cobra made 13.75 million USD.......suddenly you could hear a pin drop.

-S-

De gustibus non est disputandum.  (of taste it is not to be disputed).  The work is indeed nice, even if not to my taste.  It would be good to hear a debate about the value of the green paper attribution on a mumei piece like this.  As to Bugatti vs GTO, hmmmm......I would be happy with a early Porsche Speedster bathtub convertible please!

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..