Need Help Translating Daisho Fuchi Mei

Yoshimichi

Dear  NMB Members:

I would appreciate any help the members can give me in translating the maker's mei on this pair of daish fuchi, and any information you may have regarding this artist. The last two kanji appear to be Masayoshi, but I am not sure of the first two. The finish appears to be shakudo or shibuichi. I have the two tsuka that came with these fuchi, but the kashira is missing on both handles. II would be interested in knowing the likely school these came from.

Regards,

Bill E. Sheehan (Yoshimichi)

post-1356-0-38817300-1535949444_thumb.jpg

post-1356-0-82969100-1535949477_thumb.jpg

post-1356-0-26287800-1535949493_thumb.jpg

post-1356-0-90006400-1535949508_thumb.jpg

Looking at this further, the first two kanji look like Ishiguro, for an artist's name of "Ishiguro Masayoshi." Is this correct? 

Hello,

I could be wrong, but would agree with Ishiguro Masayoshi. I see one listed in Markus' Meikan of sword fittings signing similarly without kao. Theme and quality look fitting, shall we say.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..