Need Help With World War 2 Sword Inscriptions

earl

I posted this in the Military Swords of Japan but I wanted to be sure I covered my bases for help with translating the writing. We used corn starch in the symbols so they'd be easier to see.

This sword came from my grandfather who was in WW 2 and I would like to learn about it. He left it to my dad who is now in bad health and so he passed it to me now. I would like to find out what the insciptions say, as well as all I can find out about it, so I can tell my dad the rest of the story.

Earl W.

post-4630-0-10417800-1535906039_thumb.jpg

post-4630-0-67458800-1535906055_thumb.jpg

post-4630-0-15351800-1535906087_thumb.jpg

post-4630-0-76399300-1535906114_thumb.jpg

post-4630-0-74506900-1535906145_thumb.jpg

Hello Earl,

Your sword inscription reads "Noshu Seki Ju Kojima Yoshimasa saku". Made by Kojima Yosimasa in the city of Seki.

Sword is in Naval sword mounts (Kai-gunto) most likely made 1930's/40's. The stamp on the tang/nakago is a Seki stamp indicating it was made non-traditionaly in the city of Seki.

Your sword appears to be in fairly good condition. I would highly suggest visiting the "Japanese sword index" for further information.

Hello Earl,

Your sword inscription reads "Noshu Seki Ju Kojima Yoshimasa saku". Made by Kojima Yosimasa in the city of Seki.

Sword is in Naval sword mounts (Kai-gunto) most likely made 1930's/40's. The stamp on the tang/nakago is a Seki stamp indicating it was made non-traditionaly in the city of Seki.

Your sword appears to be in fairly good condition. I would highly suggest visiting the "Japanese sword index" for further information.

http://japaneseswordindex.com/oshigata/yoshmasa.jpg

Showa Oshigata Database ~ (Yoshimasa) ~Japanese Sword index/Guide ?

Nice sword.

Thank You very much for help. Earl

Hello Earl,

Thank You for the help. Earl

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..